SOGETSU VICTORIAN BRANCH EXHIBITION

A few weeks ago I noticed these dried stems of Echium flowers in a nearby street. With the sun behind them they created a silvery haze. I thought they would look great massed.



This is what the leaf structure looks like.



I gathered some, bunched them together and gave them a little (!) colour treatment. This was because I decided to use them with birch branches in a situation where flowers requiring water would have been difficult and silver with silver would have been very bland. 



Below is the finished work which is my contribution to the Sogetsu School of Ikebana Victorian Branch Member's Exhibition for 2013.



You can see other photos from the exhibition by clicking the highlighted text: Member's Exhibition

Greetings from Christopher
17th May 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment