MISSING WATER

Today I was delighted to see the first flower on a Grevillia I had planted about three years ago. Because of the poor water holding capacity of our soil its growth has been rather slow and as you can see in the second picture the plant is still quite small. Eventually it should reach two metres or so.



Recently my teacher set an exercise of making ikebana using roses with leaves, grass or reeds. I used three New Zealand flax leaves from the garden and a single red rose. 


The rose didn't last well so I re-worked the arrangement with a single Strelitzia. I think the balance was a bit more successful the second time. However, I have lost impact of the surface of the water in this deeper suiban.

       
 

 If you scroll down to last week you will be able to see the names of the ikebanists with the works shown that I added after I first posted the entry.

Greetings from Christopher 
18th November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment